I make this easy tahini dressing at least once a week. Not only is it my favorite salad dressing, it is the most requested salad dressing by Lake Villa Guatemala guests. It’s so quick to make—you can whip it up in just a couple minutes. Try it on green salad, coleslaw, or on a grain salad such as my Brown Rice Salad with Tahini Dressing. Add a little nutritional yeast and garlic, and you have an awesome dressing for Crispy Kale Chips.
We’re fortunate to have great tahini available around Lake Atitlan. Brands vary widely, so try a few to find your favorite. If you live near a Middle-Eastern market, you’ll have a huge variety to choose from.
If you don’t have lime juice, lemon juice works just as well. You can also use a combination of lime or lemon juice and cider vinegar.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 2 Tbl lime juice
- 2 Tbl soy sauce/tamari/Bragg’s Aminos
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 Tbl nutritional yeast (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender, starting with 1/4 cup water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more water, 1 Tbl at a time, until it’s the right thickness for your salad.